It’s time once again for Santa Clara’s Annual Swiss Days Celebration! First celebrated in 1990, the yearly celebration is full of both history and fun and is held in commemoration of the town’s pioneer heritage, in which Swiss members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints settled the community of Santa Clara in the mid-1800s.
Swiss Days 2017 kicks off with the annual 5K Run/Walk and Pancake Breakfast, followed by the much-loved Swiss Days parade. This year’s parade–which will take place between the Jacob Hamblin Home and Town Hall–is set to showcase the Santa Clara Princess Royalty along with antique cars, the grand marshall, local business, schools, live animals, homemade floats and much, much more!
The three-day festival runs from September 21-23 and will also include:
- a Red Rock Car Show at Canyon View Park,
- a FREE Friday night concert featuring Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband,
- town and family heritage displays,
- pioneer craft demonstrations at Heritage Square,
- children’s activities
- and plenty of local food and merchandise vendors!
For more information and a full schedule of events, click here.